Proof of Residency
As part of a continued focus on maintaining fiscal accountability to our taxpayers and patrons, ensuring our tax dollars are spent on Platte County R-3 students, the District requires proof of residency for all returning students annually.
Document provided for verification must:
- Include parent(s)/guardian(s) name(s) and current address.
- Be dated May 1, 2016 or later, but also dated within 30 days of date of verification. For example, if the document is provided on July 25, 2016, it must be dated June 25, 2016 or later. As further clarification, a new student enrolling on November 1, 2016, must provide an acceptable residency verification document dated no earlier than October 1, 2016.
- Utility bill (electric, gas, sewer, or water). No final or disconnect notices accepted.
- Current residential lease agreement signed by resident/parent & landlord.
- Residential housing contract (purchase).
If you have multiple students in the District, only one proof of residency is required for the entire family.
Proof of Residency Process Dates and LocationsProof of Residency verification can be completed during the following times/locations. After completing the process, a hard copy or emailed receipt will be provided to the parent. Parents can show this confirmation to obtain a student's final schedule or class teacher.