The Platte County R-3 School District strives to provide employees with a salary and benefits package that is competitive with the larger school districts in the area. Located five minutes from KCI, 25 minutes from downtown Kansas City, and 12 minutes from Zona Rosa Shopping Center, our District has a small town feel with big city amenities.Benefits include:
See the Benefits Brochure below for more detailed information.
- Supportive Board of Education and administrative team
- Average teacher salary is $51,790
- One of the highest per-day teaching salaries in the Kansas City area
- Indexed salary schedule
- Stipends for National Board Certification
- Stipends for Doctoral Degree
- More than 70% of staff have advanced degrees
- Student to teacher ratio is 18:1
- Health insurance paid for employees
- Life, vision, dental, and Aflac insurance available to employees
- Cafeteria Plan available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick leave pool
- Staff Wellness Classes available at no charge
- Excellent working environment
- Professional Learning Community environment
- Response to Intervention support network
Tax-Deferred Employee Deduction Plans
The district chose to change the way we offer voluntary and supplemental 403(b)/457(b) tax-deferred employee deduction plans, as well as the after-tax Roth plans. The board approved the recommendation to move from the current system of having multiple vendors, to a single provider, Consolidated School District Retirement Trust. This program has been adopted by 40 other school districts throughout the State of Missouri. This will change the paradigm from a sales environment to an educational environment, while providing higher quality investment options, lower administrative and investment costs and more effective education and guidance for employees preparing for retirement.
For more information see the Valic presentation below. To enroll in one of these plans complete enrollment forms linked below. Please contact Dixie Balagna with any questions.
Benefits EligibilityTo qualify for benefits, an employee must work 30 or more hours a week on a consistent basis. Benefits start on the first of the month following your date of hire. Please see the links to the left for specific benefit information.
Annual Enrollment and Qualifying EventsThe choices an employee makes during Annual Enrollment will be effective from July 1 - June 30. Elections cannot be changed until the next Annual Enrollment unless an employee experiences a “qualifying event.” Changes must be made within 31 days of the event. Qualifying events include:
- Marriage, divorce, legal separation
- A change in your number of dependents, such as birth, death, or adoption
- A change in employment status for you or your spouse that affects benefits eligibility
- The Annual Enrollment of your spouse
- A significant change in coverage or cost for you, your spouse, or dependent child’s benefit plans
- A change in your dependent child’s eligibility for benefits
- FMLA Leave, COBRA event, Court Judgment or Decree