The Platte County R-3 School District is excited to announce that Summer School will be held from June 4-June 29, 2018. Come aboard to increase your knowledge in mathematics and English Language Arts. All Platte County R-3 students are invited to attend and continue to grow as learners throughout the summer! The purpose of PCR-3’s Summer School Program is to provide an experience that is relevant, rigorous, and engaging, based on individual learner needs, in a safe and caring environment.Register for 2018 Summer School no later than April 27, 2018. Complete and return the enrollment packet to your child's school (Grades K-8) or the complete the form (Grades 9-12) linked below.
What are the dates for summer school 2018?
- June 4-June 29, 2018
What are the hours for summer school?
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
What grade is my child considered for summer school?
- The grade they will be entering into for the 2018-19 school year (i.e. 3rd grader in 2017-18 school year will be enrolled as a 4th grader for summer school).
Is there a cost for attending summer school?
- No, there is no cost to attend summer school.
Where are the summer school sites located?
- Pathfinder Elementary: Kindergarten – 5th grade (students from Pathfinder and Barry attendance areas)
- Compass Elementary: Kindergarten – 5th grade (students from Siegrist and Compass attendance areas)
- Barry School: 6th grade – 8th grade (students from Barry School attendance areas)
- Platte County High School (Paxton Center): 6th grade – 8th grade (students from Platte City Middle School attendance area) and 9th-12th grade (PCHS students)
Are meals provided during summer school?
- No food service is available during summer school; however, a daily snack will be provided.
Is transportation provided?
- Yes, transportation is provided at an abbreviated bus stop plan. Please see routes and schedules within the packets linked below.
Is Y Club available during summer school?
- Yes, Y Club is available for a student attending summer school in grades Kindergarten – 5th grade while summer school is in session. Y Club will be held at Compass Elementary and Pathfinder Elementary.
How do I enroll my child for summer school?
- For Kindergarten to 8th Grade students, enrolling your child is as simple as completing the enrollment/transportation forms below and returning them to any school within the district.
- High school students enrolling in summer school should complete the enrollment form linked below.
Who do I contact in the event I have more questions about summer school?
- Pathfinder Site Administrator (Grades K-5, Pathfinder and Barry students): Laura LeFever, Phone: 816-436-9623, Email: email@example.com
- Compass Site Administrator (Grades K-5, Compass and Siegrist students): Laura Tyler, Phone: 816-858-0172, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barry Site Administrator (Grades 6-8, Barry students): Stephanie Theis, Phone: 816-436-6670, Email: email@example.com
- Platte County High School - Paxton Center Site Administrators (Grades 6-8, PCMS students, Grades 9-12 PCHS students): Stephanie Theis, Phone: 816-436-6670, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Shari Waters, Phone: 816-858-2822, Email: email@example.com
- June 4-June 29, 2018