Mission Statement:DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.Guiding Principles:Our guiding principles explain how we fulfill our mission by addressing what we do and the outcomes we expect.DECA's Comprehensive Learning Program:
Adviser & Officers:
- Integrates into classroom instruction - An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies learning - DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to business - Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry, and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
- Promotes competition- As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
- Adviser: Jerri Spores
- President: Mackenzie Crawford
- Executive Vice-President: TBD
- Vice-President of Competitive Events: TBD
- Historian: TBD
Meetings: Chapter meetings will be held during Pirate Learning Time on the first Thursday of each month, in room 34.
Participation: Students concurrently enrolled in Marketing are eligible for membership in DECA. In addition, students enrolled in other courses taught by a certified marketing teacher currently teaching at least one approved marketing course and serving as a DECA advisor also are eligible for DECA membership. The course content must align with a state-approved DECA competitive event for the student to be eligible for membership. Year-long or semester course enrollment satisfies the concurrent enrollment issue.
Activities: Activities include attending the Fall Leadership Conference (officers only), competing in the District Career Development Conference and State Career Development Conference in the spring, competing in the International Career Development Conference in April, fundraising events and more!
Dues: Dues are $30. The fee includes the Platte County DECA T-Shirt and local, state and national dues.