Proof of ResidencyAs part of a continued focus on maintaining fiscal accountability to our taxpayers and patrons, ensuring our tax dollars are spent on Platte County R-3 students, the District requires proof of residency for all returning students annually.Current and new students must complete an Affidavit of In District Residency form AND provide one of the following documents. (Note: Documents provided in person must be original documents.)Document provided for verification must:
- Include parent(s)/guardian(s) name(s) and current address.
- Be dated May 1, 2017 or later, but also dated within 30 days of date of verification. For example, if the document is provided on July 25, 2017, it must be dated June 25, 2017 or later. As further clarification, a new student enrolling on November 1, 2017, must provide an acceptable residency verification document dated no earlier than October 1, 2017.
- Utility bill (electric, gas, sewer, or water). No final or disconnect notices accepted.
- Current residential lease agreement signed by resident/parent & landlord.
- Residential housing contract (purchase).
Proof of Residency Process Dates and LocationsProof of Residency verification can be completed during the following times/locations. After completing the process, a hard copy or emailed receipt will be provided to the parent. Parents can show this confirmation to obtain a student's final schedule or class teacher.
Proof of Residency Questions
What if I am temporarily living with someone within district boundaries? Can my child attend Platte County R-3 School District?Yes, the following documentation must be provided:
Affidavit of Residence (Resident/Homeowner), AND Resident/Homeowner must provide an Acceptable Original Document AND Parent/Guardian must provide Affidavit of Residence (Parent/Guardian). The Parent/Guardian must provide one of the following original documents within 45 days of enrollment:
Recent paycheck stub with name and current address
Recent insurance bill with name and current address
Recent bank statement with name and current address
Federal, state, or court documents with name and current address
Affidavit of Residence (Resident/Homeowner)
Affidavit of Residence (Parent/Guardian)
What if my family moves during the school year?New proof of residency documentation is required each time a change of address occurs. Verification must be provided to the District within 30 days.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions regarding proof of residency?During the summer months please call the District Education Center at 816.858.5420 and during the school year contact your child's school.