• Proof of Residency

    As part of a continued focus on maintaining fiscal accountability to our taxpayers and patrons, ensuring our tax dollars are spent on Platte County R-3 students, the District requires proof of residency for all returning students annually.
    Current and new students must complete an Affidavit of In District Residency form AND provide one of the following documents. (Note: Documents provided in person must be original documents.)
    Document provided for verification must:
    • Include parent(s)/guardian(s) name(s) and current address.
    • Be dated April 1, 2020 or later, but also dated within 30 days of date of verification. For example, if the document is provided on July 25, 2020, it must be dated June 25, 2020 or later. As further clarification, a new student enrolling on November 1, 2020, must provide an acceptable residency verification document dated no earlier than October 1, 2020.
    Acceptable Documentation: 
    • Utility bill (electric, gas, sewer, or water). No final or disconnect notices accepted.
    • Current residential lease agreement signed by resident/parent & landlord.
    • Residential housing contract (purchase).
    If you have multiple students in the District, only one proof of residency is required for the entire family.

    Proof of Residency Process Dates and Locations

    Proof of Residency verification can be completed during the following times/locations. After completing the process, a hard copy or emailed receipt will be provided to the parent. Parents can show this confirmation to obtain a student's final schedule or class teacher.
    • Proof of Residency after the Start of School - Please complete proof of residency verification at your child's school.
    Comments (-1)
  • Proof of Residency Questions

    What if I am temporarily living with someone within district boundaries? Can my child attend Platte County R-3 School District?

    Yes, the following documentation must be provided:
    Affidavit of Residence (Resident/Homeowner), AND Resident/Homeowner must provide an Acceptable Original Document AND Parent/Guardian must provide Affidavit of Residence (Parent/Guardian). The Parent/Guardian must provide one of the following original documents within 45 days of enrollment:
    Recent paycheck stub with name and current address
    Recent insurance bill with name and current address
    Recent bank statement with name and current address
    Federal, state, or court documents with name and current address
    Necessary Forms:
    Affidavit of Residence (Resident/Homeowner)
    Affidavit of Residence (Parent/Guardian)

    What if my family moves during the school year? 

    New proof of residency documentation is required each time a change of address occurs. Verification must be provided to the District within 30 days.  

    Who do I contact if I have additional questions regarding proof of residency?

    During the summer months please call the District Education Center at 816.858.5420 and during the school year contact your child's school.