Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
What is FCCLA?Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a national student organization that helps young people become leaders and address important issues related to our society through Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education. FCCLA is the only student career and technical organization in school having the family as its central focus. FCCLA helps students become strong leader to empower individuals, families and communities.
What is the Mission of FCCLA?To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through:
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Vocational Preparation
What is the Purpose of FCCLA?
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of mean and women in today’s society.
- To promote family and consumer sciences and related occupations.
Activity Information Sponsor Meetings
Second and Fourth Tuesday of the Month @ 3:30 p.m - Google Meets
Website Social Media
Twitter - @PCR3FCCLA
Instagram - Pcr3.fccla
Remind - To receive messages via text, text @aeed8 to (816) 735-9001.
Google Classroom - v6r83