Food Allergies at School

  • Health Services takes food allergies very seriously.  If your child has a food allergy, please notify the health room with the specific allergy, what the symptoms are if your child would ingest the particular food, and how you treat the symptoms.  If your child requires the use of an anti-histamine or an epi-pen, you will need to provide the medication to be kept in the health room.  If your child is old enough to self-inject, they may self carry an epi-pen. You will also need a Food Allergy Action Plan, signed by your health care provider to be kept in the health room and shared with the classroom teacher and any classroom your child will be in during the day, such as, but not limited to, PE, Music, Art and Library.  Please talk with the health room staff in your student's building for assistance.