Dual Credit/AP Classes/Fees
- Missouri Department of Higher Education requires that dual credit students must have a cumulative 3.0 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale or a composite ACT score of 21.
- High school juniors or seniors are eligible to take dual credit courses.
- If the college course has a high school prerequisite, the student must meet it.
- All listed courses (except for Chemistry II) can be taken for high school credit only. The dual credit portion is optional and does not have to be decided upon until the student is in the course.
University of Missouri-Kansas City Dual Credit/AP Course Offerings Courses Course Number Credit Hours Cost Per Credit Advanced Composition ENG 110: Intro to Academic Prose
ENG 214: Intro to Fiction
6 $90.75 AP Calculus MATH 210: Calculus I 4 $90.75 College Algebra MATH 110: College Algebra 3 $90.75 Pre-Calculus MATH 120: Pre-Calculus 5 $90.75
UMKC enrollment process for PCHS College Algebra, Precalculus, Calculus, Critical Discourse, and Environmental Science:
- Apply online: https://umkc.umsystem.edu/psp/prdpr/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UM_ADMISSIONS.UM_DHS_APP.GBL?AITS_HDR_CODE=3&%2525253bIsFolder=false&%2525253bcampus=DHSKCITY Please apply by September 8.
- Return paper registration to high school teacher by September 6.
- Complete payment via one of three options:
Pay via card online
Send check to UMKC
Have UMKC bill you
Billing and payment process:
***Students are not enrolled into UMKC classes until ALL 3 steps have been completed.
Missouri Western State University Dual Credit/AP Course Offerings Courses Course Number Credit Hours Cost Per Credit Prerequisite Advanced Speech COM 104: Oral Communication 3 $95.00 AP US History HIS 140: American History to 1865
HIS 150: American History since 1865
6 $95.00 Chemistry II
(Must be taken for Dual Credit)
CHE 111: General Chemistry 5 $95.00 Math ACT sub score of 22 French III FRE 100: Elementary French IFRE 101: Elementary French II 6 $95.00 French IV FRE 200: Intermediate French II
FRE 201: Intermediate French II
6 $95.00*Course offerings are based on student requests for each school year. Student requests determine if a course is offered.