Food Service During School Closure
The Platte County School District will provide free meals during the time of school closure due to COVID-19. We are able to provide this service by working within the "Seamless Summer Option" food service program per the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) guidelines. The meals will be provided to our school community within the following parameters:
- Meals will be free for Platte County R-3 students
- Curbside pick-up for meals (both lunch and breakfast)
- Meal delivery options will be available to areas of our school community where students/families do not have transportation to get to the meal sites.
- Beginning April 13, Platte County R-3 Schools will adjust grab-and-go meals to two days per week. Going forward, meals will be distributed two days per week, on Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at Barry School and PCMS and via a limited delivery route. The pickup on Monday will include breakfast and lunch for Monday and Tuesday meals, and the pickup on Wednesday will include breakfast and lunch for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday meals. This change was made in an effort to continue an important service to our community while prioritizing the health of students, families, food service providers, and volunteers.
- Our meal distribution sites and bus delivery will continue to occur on Mondays and Wednesdays through June 29.
Locations and Times
- Barry School bus loop (11:00 am to 1:00 pm)
- Platte City Middle School front entrance (11:00 am to 1:00 pm)
- Food Truck meal delivery will occur at identified bus stops from 11 am to 1 pm as well. Click here for a list for stops. Meal bags will be distributed from the back of the bus.
The menu will be created by our food service provider, Southwest FoodService Excellence. Click here for the June menu.
- All meals will be “grab-and-go” meal bags (cold meals)
- Both breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Families do not need to get out of their vehicles; this is curbside pick-up only.
- Families will be greeted by a staff volunteer, and a volunteer will bring the appropriate number of meal bags to each vehicle.
- Meals will be for take-home only, no eating areas will be provided.
The PCR-3 Treasure Chest will also be providing groceries to assist families who qualify for Free or Reduced Meal Plans on Wednesdays, from 4-6pm. Families will need to register here or call 816.858.7001 and, once approved, can drive through to receive additional food. The Treasure Chest will operate out of its original site in the north parking lot of PCHS and through the circle drive at Barry School. These sites will be open Wednesdays, from 4-6pm, for registered and approved PCR-3 families. Identification must be provided to receive food.