Platte County School District uses Frontline Applicant Tracking (formerly AppliTracks), an online application tool. Applications are paperless, and we no longer accept applications, resumes, cover letters, etc. through mail or email. If you do not have access to the internet you can come to the District Education Center at 998 Platte Falls Rd, Platte City, 64079. A computer is available for the application process. Should you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Human Resources at 816-858-5420.
External Candidates (Including Current Substitute and Student Teachers)Applications are only accepted through the online application process. Review the process for Licensed Professional Candidates below before you proceed with the online application.
The Application Process For External Candidates
- To view external postings, click here.
- Click on a job category on the left side
- If you want to apply for a job posting click "Apply". To be considered for specific openings, you must apply for each opening that is of interest to you.
- Make sure to check the confirmation page of the application, this will tell you if you are missing any information. If you have everything needed you will click "submit application" or "finish and submit" to complete the application process. You should receive an email confirming it has been sent, check your spam mail if you do not receive this notification.
- A building level administrator will contact selected applicants to schedule a screening interview. Candidates are chosen for screening interviews by building level administrators. Please note, interviews are not guaranteed they will be based on individual qualifications.
- Candidates will be selected and scheduled for finalist interviews. Candidates are chosen for finalist interviews by building level administrators.
- A building level administrator will make a recommendation for hire to the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an appointment to meet with the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
- On the third Thursday of each month, recommendations to hire selected candidates are placed before the Board of Education for final approval.
- If selected, candidates are approved as a new hire and we will begin the new hire process.
- If you are having technical difficulty with the online application, please contact Frontline Applicant Tracking support line by clicking here.
**Substitute Teachers and Student Teachers**If you are a current substitute or student teacher and are interested in a certified teaching position, you must complete the full external application process outlined under the Process for Licensed Professional Candidates section and apply as an outside candidate. Do not use the internal movement process.
Internal Candidates (Current District Employees)
The Application Process for Internal Movement Inside/Outside Current Building
- You must be a current staff member with a district email. **Substitutes and Student Teachers see External Candidates, above**
- Please click here to go to Frontline Applicant Tracking.
- Click on view internal positions
- Click on the posting you wish to apply for
- Click on the Employment Application tab, do not log in to and existing application.
- Create a profile; use your district email when setting up the profile. This is the only way to get you to the internal application.
- Click on next page on the bottom right and continue with the internal application. Click here if you need a visual screen shot of the process
- One of your references needs to be your current supervisor
- Internal transfer request must be submitted on or before March 1 per board policy GCI and GDI
Process for Licensed Professional CandidatesIn addition to submitting the application, a copy of your college transcripts and teaching license must be submitted electronically. If you are currently in process of completing your degree, a copy of your transcripts prior to graduation should be submitted. All documents, including transcripts, license and three letters of reference, can be uploaded and attached to your application through the online process.
It is important that applications are complete and up-to-date prior to submission. Current information regarding licensure, transcripts, experience, and references will be necessary for full consideration. Review your application each time prior to submission to ensure accurate information.
Our building administrators are focused on the daily educational needs of students; therefore we ask that candidates do not contact building principals to express interest in a position. The Human Resources Department will manage your application and can provide information regarding the status of your application and any open positions.
Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Not all applicants will receive an interview. The recruitment process for Platte County Schools is year round, but specific staffing needs may not be determined until late spring.