Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science Interdisciplinary Studies-specialization Mathematics Masters in Instructional Specialist-Elementary STEM Life Certification 1st-6th Life Certification-General Science 5th-9th Life Certification-General Mathematics 5th-9th
Mrs. Theresa Robertson
I am looking forward to a great year! I know that parents and students have many questions for their new teachers each year. So, I thought I would go ahead and answer some questions that I have been asked over my 18 years of teaching:
1) Are you strict? Depends....Do I have rules? YES! Do I like to have fun, do labs and experiments, and study cool science? YES! So, my classroom will have a balance of both!
2) Do you like kids? YES! (This is my favorite question!) I like my high school aged twins the most, but really love to watch my students think, explore, and connect ideas in science!
3) Are you fun? I like to think so! But, I guess we can define FUN when you get into class. I think it is fun to play in the dirt, explore the surface of the Earth, plan a trip to MARS, and skype with scientists from across the country.
4) How long have you been teaching? I have been teaching for over 18 years, mostly math and science. With a life certification in all subjects 1st-8th in Texas, a life certification in math and general science in 5th-9th grade in Missouri, and masters in elementary STEM, I think I will be teaching the rest of my life. It is what I love to do!
5) What do you do when you are not teaching? I love to work out. I like to flip tires, do battle ropes, and throw medicine balls. My family loves to camp and have been to over 25 national parks. I love to cheer my kids on with their sports. My son plays basketball and my daughter is an epee fencer.
6) I do have a class pet! His name is Bob. If you come and secretly tell me what animal Bob is on the first day of school, I will have a prize for you! Don't tell anyone....shhhhhh...
I look forward to meeting all of you soon!
6th Grade Science Teacher
Platte City Middle School