Platte County R-3 School District is currently accepting Substitute applications for Teachers (Certified), Nursing, and Non-teaching (Classified) positions.
Apply to be a Substitute. Click here to apply: current openings
Once an applicant has applied, the HR team will invite qualified applicants to an interview. After the applicant has been interviewed and offered a Substitute position the applicant will be instructed to complete a background check with the PCR3 4-digit number. Substitute Teacher applicants require a Substitute or Teaching certification. Once the background check has cleared and certification is obtained the applicant will be invited to onboard.
Background check - You must have a current background clearance using the Platte County 4-digit number (see below) and is no older than 365 days. Go to machs.mo.gov to complete the online piece of your background check. The fee is $41.75. Once you have your background confirmation number you will be directed to make an appointment to complete your fingerprints and have your picture taken. Per Board policy GBEBC: applicants for employment are responsible for the cost of the criminal background check.
- Substitute Teacher applicants who need a Substitute Certification - 1629
- Substitute Teacher applicants who already have a Missouri Teaching Certification - 1628
- Substitute Custodian applicant - 1630
- Substitute Nurse applicant - 1630
- Substitute Deaf Interpreter - 1630
Substitute Teacher Certification:
Individuals with valid Missouri teaching certificates who wish to substitute teach in a school district are no longer required by DESE to apply for a substitute certificate. This includes individuals who hold an initial professional, career continuous professional, lifetime, student services, administration, provisional, and/or temporary certificate. If, at any time, the educator allows his/her teaching certificate to expire, then a substitute certificate would be required. On August 7, 2020 the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) announced that in order to help alleviate the potential shortage of substitute teachers and/or school support staff members during the 2020-2021 school year, Governor Parson approved their request to temporarily waive portions of the state statutes that limit the number of hours worked and salary earned by retirees while working for a covered employer in a temporary, part-time or substitute position. These waivers remain in effect for the duration of the Governor’s emergency order.
If you don't already have a teaching certification please apply for a substitute certificate. Click here and you will be taken to the DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education). The substitute page will give you the information to apply for a substitute certificate. DESE charges $50.00 for a four-year substitute certificate.
An alternative pathway for becoming a Substitute Teacher in Missouri: A Content Substitute certificate may be granted to an individual who is at least 21 years of age, has a high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) and has successfully completed a minimum of twenty (20) clock hours of department-approved substitute teacher training that includes professionalism, honoring diversity, engaging students, foundational classroom management techniques, basic instructional strategies, supporting students with special needs, and working with at-risk youth. Approved training is available here: Frontline Education https://www.frontlineeducation.com/pages/resources/modese/ Please note: The rule allowing online training for substitute teacher certification will be effective on September 2, 2020. Substitute Teacher Certificates based on the successful completion of this training will not be issued until after this date. In addition to completing the training, an applicant will be required to pass a background check and submit an application for their certificate. When completing your background check please use the Platte County School District 4-digit number (1629).
Substitute Pay Information
Effective September 18, 2020
- Substitute Teacher pay is $100 a day or $13.33 an hour. If a substitute works less than a full day, they are paid hourly. A full day is considered 6.5 hours or more.
- Long Term Substitute Teacher: if hired to be a long term substitute teacher for a certified teacher, you will begin to receive an increase in pay to $140 a day upon the 6th day after substituting five (5) consecutive days for the same certified personnel. This does not include the 3 days of training prior to the long-term position starting. If a substitute works less than 6.5 hours a day, they are paid hourly. A full day is considered 6.5 hours or more (capped at 7.5 hours a day).
- Substitute Paraprofessional pay is $13.33 an hour (capped at 7.5 hours a day).
- Substitute Admin. Assistant pay is $13.33 an hour (capped at 8 hours a day).
- Substitute Custodian pay is $13.33 an hour (capped at 8 hours a day).
- Substitute Nurse (RN) pay is $17.00 an hour (capped at 7.5 hours a day). Clocking time in excess of 7.5 hours is not permitted without prior approval from the Health Services Coordinator and building administrator.
- Substitute Deaf Interpreter pay is $25.00 an hour (capped at 7.5 hours a day).
Substitutes are paid on the 10th and 25th of each month. If the 10th or the 25th falls on a holiday or weekend, payday is the last business day prior to the 10th or 25th. All substitutes will be paid by direct deposit. Substitutes will clock their time.