Platte County R-3 School District is currently accepting Substitute applications for Teachers (Certified), Nursing, and Non-teaching (Classified) positions.
Apply to be a Substitute. Click here to apply: current openings
Effective December 2019: Once an applicant has applied, the HR team will invite qualified applicants to an interview. After the applicant has been interviewed and offered a Substitute position the applicant will be instructed to complete a background check with the PCR3 4-digit number. Substitute Teacher applicants require a Substitute or Teaching certification. Once the background check has cleared and certification is obtained the applicant will be invited to onboard.
Background check - You must have a current background clearance using the Platte County 4-digit number (see below) and is no older than 365 days. Go to machs.mo.gov to complete the online piece of your background check. The fee is $41.75. Once you have your background confirmation number (TNT) you will make an appointment at an IdentoGO Missouri location to have your picture and fingerprints taken. Per Board policy GBEBC: applicants for employment are responsible for the cost of the criminal background check.
- Substitute Teacher applicants who need a Substitute Certification - 1629
- Substitute Teacher applicants who already have a Teaching Certification - 1628
- Substitute Custodian applicant - 1630
- Substitute Nurse applicant - 1630
- Substitute Deaf Interpreter - 1630
Substitute Teacher Certification - If you don't already have a teaching certification please apply for a substitute certificate. If you have a teaching certification you do not need a substitute certification. Click here and you will be taken to the DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education). The substitute page will give you the information to apply for a substitute certificate. DESE charges $50.00 for a four-year substitute certificate.
Substitute PayrollSubstitutes are paid on the 10th and 25th of each month. If the 10th or the 25th falls on a holiday or weekend, payday is the last business day prior to the 10th or 25th. All substitutes will be paid by direct deposit. Substitutes will clock their time.
Substitute Pay Information
- Substitute Teacher pay is $95 a day or $12.67 an hour. If a substitute works less than a full day, they are paid hourly. A full day is considered 6.5 hours or more.
- Long Term Substitute Teacher: if hired to be a long term substitute teacher for a certified teacher, you will begin to receive an increase in pay to $140 a day upon the 6th day after substituting five (5) consecutive days for the same certified personnel. This does not include the 3 days of training prior to the long-term position starting. If a substitute works less than 6.5 hours a day, they are paid hourly. A full day is considered 6.5 hours or more (capped at 7.5 hours a day).
- Substitute Paraprofessional pay is $12.67 an hour (capped at 7.5 hours a day).
- Substitute Admin. Assistant pay is $12.67 an hour (capped at 8 hours a day).
- Substitute Custodian pay is $12.67 an hour (capped at 8 hours a day).
- Substitute Nurse (RN) pay is $17.00 an hour (capped at 7.5 hours a day). Clocking time in excess of 7.5 hours is not permitted without prior approval from the Health Services Coordinator and building administrator.
- Substitute Deaf Interpreter pay is $25.00 an hour (capped at 7.5 hours a day).