PCHS FBLA Wins Big at State Conference
PCHS FBLA WINS BIG AT 2019 MISSOURI STATE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
Thirty-three members of the Missouri Future Business Leaders of America – Phi Beta Lambda Chapter from Platte County High School recently traveled to Springfield, Missouri for the 2019 Missouri Future Business Leaders of America – Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference. This three-day conference, beginning Sunday, April 14, featured dynamic workshops, innovative keynotes, and professional networking opportunities with Fortune 500 companies for middle school through college students. Nearly 4,600 students and advisers came together for the event, with over 150 business education related contests running during the event; contest topics range from accounting to website design, marketing to mobile application development.
Overall, Platte County High School brought home many awards (listed below). Platte County FBLA national qualifiers* will compete at the 2019 National Leadership Conference in San Antonio, Texas June 28 - July 3.
- “Gold” Chapter of the Year
- Community Service Award “Service” Level: Jackson Todd
- *1st Place: e-Business - Natalie Crain, Mackenzie Crawford, Madison Powers
- *1st Place: Partnership with a Business Project - Emily Helmich, Grace Thomas, Jackson Todd
- *2nd Place: Advertising - Peter Doole
- *2nd Place: American Enterprise Project - Mekenzie Dalton, Isabella Scarpelli, Jackson Todd
- *3rd Place: Introduction to Information Technology - Jack Scattini
- *4th Place - Local Chapter Report - Mya Sheehan, Victoria Williams
- *4th Place: Management Information Systems - Caleb Robles, Anthony Railsback, Jack Scattini
- 5th Place: 3D Animation - Connor Green, Cody Green, Keaton Smith
- 5th Place: Business Plan - KayLyn Munn, Amaira Peterson, Emilia Wisniewski
- 5th Place: Community Service Project - Kalina Arnold, Grace Hanson, Emilia Wisniewski
- 6th Place: Business Financial Plan - Ryan Dye, Holly Jacobson, Cameron Scheib
- 6th Place: Coding & Programming - Colby West
- 6th Place: Introduction to Business Presentation - Maddison Dimick, Eli Nelson, Austin Vanek:
- 6th Place: Introduction to Business Procedures - Ryan Dye
- 7th Place: Introduction to Public Speaking - Kalina Arnold
- 10th Place: Network Design - Caleb Robles, Anthony Railsback, Jaeger Rawlings
Platte County FBLA appreciates the support provided from local businesses and citizens and would like to thank their 2018 - 2019 Business Sponsors: Platte Valley Bank, Re/Max House of Dreams - Patty Farr, Brett Miller Agency, LLC - American Family Insurance, KCI Auto Auction, Platte County Pediatrics, Kimberly Vanek Real Estate, Roto Rooter Services Company, Miller Donnelli Agency, Inc., Karissa Todd Communications, Goin' Postal Platte City, Platte City Flowers & Gifts, Forte Products, and DSQUARED & Co, LLC.