Return to Headlines
PCR-3 Honored for Excellence in Education
PCR-3 Honored at 33rd Annual Excellence in Education Banquet
Platte County School District represented well at the 33rd annual Northland Regional Chamber Excellence in Education Banquet last night, an event that draws nearly 1,000 attendees from nine Northland school districts and celebrates teachers, educators in service, volunteers and business who support education in the Northland. Sixteen PCR-3 staff members were nominated and four were honored with a special award, based on their nominations among hundreds of Northland educators.
Special recognition was given to the following recipients:
- PCHS senior, Abigail Rader, received PCR-3’s Excellence in Education scholarships sponsored by Brain Balance
- Assistance League of Kansas City was honored as PCR-3’s Business in Support of Education
- Jamie Carver was recognized as PCR-3’s Volunteer in Support of Education
- Jeff Green, Student Management Coordinator at Northland Career Center was honored for Excellence in Higher Education
- Josh Jurgens, Special Education Teacher at Barry School, was honored for Excellence in Classroom Teaching
- Matthew LaPointe, PE Teacher at Pathfinder Elementary, was honored for Excellence in Classroom Teaching
- Wendi Matlick, Paraprofessional at Compass Elementary, was honored for Excellence in Service to Education
- Heather Schuller, Social Worker at Pathfinder Elementary, was honored for Excellence in Service to Education
Other PCR-3 classroom teaching nominees included: Cheri Bonsignore (Compass Elementary), Ashley Dice (Northland Career Center), Christina Rench (Platte City Middle School), Kathleen Scanlon (Siegrist Elementary), and Bevin Schmer (Platte County High School). Other PCR-3 service nominees included: Silvia DeBiaso (Barry School), Dr. Merri Beth Means (Barry School), Jennifer Olson (Platte County High School), Jessica Schatz (Platte City Middle School), Brenda Snow (Platte City Middle School), Christy Szabo (Siegrist Elementary), and Jennifer Walleman (Northland Career Center).
From the Excellence in Education nominees, PCR-3 selects its teacher, service, and support person of the year, which will be announced in early May.